cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Problems with bringing in the degree symbol

cpalmer1
1-Newbie

Problems with bringing in the degree symbol

We're having a difficult time trying to load our title blocks from a text file into annotation via the macro scripts (open_infile and read_file  ) Whenever we have the degree symbol in one of the lines it always comes out as    ¯   and even if we change the font we get the same conversion.  Is there any way around this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found the answer. If you encode the text file with UTF-8 it will bring it in just like it it in the text file. Thank you two for assisting.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I haven't dealt with this directly but if you are using your text editor's degree symbol, it is different in Creo annotation.

You should be able to get the degree symbol in Creo annotation by providing a control code in your text file.  Not that I am up on the syntax at the moment.

Hi,

please upload file containing note and Creo drawing (example data). Use How to attach file when you Reply to a discussion. procedure

MH

Martin Hanák

It's nothing too special, the file with this kind of note would read something like...

4" X 4" X 2" PLATE WITH A 0.125 X 45° CHAMFER ALONG ALL EDGES. 

Generally it will come out as '...45A~ ...'    when it get brought in from the READ_FILE cmd, or if we use <degree> (like we use for drafting) it will come out as '...45<degree> ...'

I found the answer. If you encode the text file with UTF-8 it will bring it in just like it it in the text file. Thank you two for assisting.

Hi Chris,

You may mark your reply to post as correct answer.

Yeah, forgot that part. Thanks for the reminder

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags