cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Purging in 3.0

MichaelDouglas
8-Gravel

Purging in 3.0

So how does it work now? Seems they change this with every release.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michael,

Common reason for this error is system environment variable "PATH", adding the bin folder location in Creo Parametric 3.0 in the value of Path variable should fix the problem.

1. Start > Right Click on Computer and select Properties

2. Select Advance System Settings > Select View tab under System Properties tab

3. Select Environment Variable

4. Select variable "PATH" under System variables and Edit

5. Add path of bin folder under Creo 3.0\parametric in variable value (e.g. ;C:\Program files\PTC\Creo 3.0\<datecode>\parametric\bin)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Open System Window > Purge

> After launching Creo, Open System Window can find under Utilities

> In Part/Assembly/Drawing modes, Search for command Open System Window > Purge

that's how it use to work. now I get a "not recognized as internal or external command"

Michael,

Common reason for this error is system environment variable "PATH", adding the bin folder location in Creo Parametric 3.0 in the value of Path variable should fix the problem.

1. Start > Right Click on Computer and select Properties

2. Select Advance System Settings > Select View tab under System Properties tab

3. Select Environment Variable

4. Select variable "PATH" under System variables and Edit

5. Add path of bin folder under Creo 3.0\parametric in variable value (e.g. ;C:\Program files\PTC\Creo 3.0\<datecode>\parametric\bin)

Mahesh,

I went through steps 1-5 and changed my PATH location but now the system window in Creo will not even open.

Any thoughts as to what happened?

Matthew,

I guess that you have replaced original PATH value with  ;C:\Program files\PTC\Creo 3.0\<datecode>\parametric\bin.

The original PATH value on my Win7 PC contains ... %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64

The original PATH value on your PC should be different, but it also should contain the same path list mentioned above.

You have to add ;C:\Program files\PTC\Creo 3.0\<datecode>\parametric\bin at the end of the above mentioned path list.

MH

Martin Hanák

That is exactly what I did, after a system restore (I did that before a got your reply) adding CREO pin folder path worked perfectly. Thank you Martin.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags