cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Removing Material/deleting material

thake618
2-Guest

Removing Material/deleting material

Good Afternoon,

It has been a little since i used creo last. I am working on modifying a bus bar assembly for a project and would essentially like to delete half of it. any ideas the best way of doing so?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:thake618)

The quick and dirty method is to just use an assembly cut to remove the unwanted side.

I do this sort of thing for quick images of how something would look or for a quick presentation.

Generally you want to avoid assembly level features like cuts created in the assembly. If that's not an issue, create a sketch in the assembly and use the Extrude command with the Remove Material option. You can make the cuts visible at the part level, but be aware that creates an External Reference from the part to the assembly (which you generally want to avoid).

If you open each individual part, you can select a datum plane and use the Solidify command to remove everything on one side or the other of that plane.

If it's just for visualization purposes, you can create a cross section using a datum plane or planar model surface.

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com
Top Tags