cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Representation of a double plane section

ptc-3795289
1-Newbie

Representation of a double plane section

Hello everyone,

I'm a Creo 2 user and I'm having a problem with the representation of sections made with 2 planes. The attached image shows the exact problem I have.

The section is projected perpendicularly to the parent view and represents the component cutted. It should represent instead the section always perpendicular to the section planes.

Do you know how to solve this error?

Thank you in advance.

13 REPLIES 13

You need to specify "unfolded section"

Strange behavior for this style of view.

First; how are you defining this section? As an offset or a zone?

You need to do the offset section where you sketch the section in an open sketch.

If you have a parent view (projection parent) you get the option of Full(Aligned)

If you do not have a parent view, you get the option of Full(Unfold)

Section_full-aligned.PNG

Thank you Antonius,

it has been very helpfull.

My section was an "offset" one but I didn't know the options "full alligned" and "full unfold".

I still have some problems due probably to some bad setting (the hatch is incomplete).

I'll try to solve them.

Thank you for the help.

You are welcome.

You might also look at the config.pro option:

show_total_unfold_seam yes/no

Sometimes if you flip the section in the 3D model, the cross-hatch behaves better on the drawing.

Good morning Antonius,

I have the same problem as Stefano had. (what’s in a name…) Only I don’t seem to have the options “Full (aligned)” and the option Full (Unfold)” is grayed out. Is this something with rights ore an optional packet?

Stefansection_view.JPG

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:sloman)

In do not know what makes this command tick. I had a similar problem with 2 odd angles and it wanted the view to be parallel to one of the segments. Feel free to share the file and we can have a look at it.

Hello Antonius,

In the attachment the prt file. I hope it works!

I have had similar problems in the past. When I found a solution to my problem on the community, I find out it only works with an extended licence. Perhaps that is the problem now.

Stefan

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

This is not a license issue but I am having the same problem.

there it is... you have to change the view-type to General and manually align it.

Thanks Antonius! It works, of course….

Stefan

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Don't forget to make the answer as correct for those who search on this thread in the future.

Only the original poster can do that, Dale.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Stefan - Stefano

Tomato - Tomatoe

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags