cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Revolve in an oval manner

ptc-800014
1-Newbie

Revolve in an oval manner

HI, I need some help to create a domed oval. I assumed that I would use a revolve with a relation calculation to define the length from center to edge as it revolved. Could anyone help with this calculation? To clarify what i was thinking, let d1 = length from center of revolve to outer edge. I need to say "at revolve angle 0, d1 = Rx" then "at revolve angle 90, d1 = Ry" then "at revolve angle 180, d1 = Rx" then "at revolve angle 270, d1 = Ry" and then d1 = Rx again on full revolution. Any other ideas would be helpful, thanks, Peace, Peter
3 REPLIES 3

Instead of a revolve, use a Sweep. The trajectory is your oval that you can sketch, and then the profile is the shape you want to follow the oval.

Thanks Stephen, I stll get a little stuck locking down the centre axis. Do you or anyone have any comments on where im going wrong? Attached are some pics to clarify. The section is set to variable. The section Plane control is set to "Normal to trajectory" Thanks, Peter.

could you email me the model? send it to the address in the email button below this post and i'll have a look.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags