cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Save layer status for later reuse

jgeling
3-Visitor

Save layer status for later reuse

Hello,

How can I save a specific layer status for later reuse?

In the combination view definition there is a drop down for layer status selection, see screenshot. However I was never able to create different layer status.

Afbeelding 553.jpg

Any advice is welcome.

Johnny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think you need to define the layer states first. You can do this in the Layer tab in View Manager:

manage_views.jpg

layer_state.jpg

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hi,

you can save current status of all part layers into layNNNN.pro file - see image.
layer_status.png

MH

Martin Hanák

Hello,

Saving the setup file, doesn't give me more options in the combination view definition. See screenshot:

Afbeelding 554.jpg@

I think you need to define the layer states first. You can do this in the Layer tab in View Manager:

manage_views.jpg

layer_state.jpg

This was indeed what I was looking for.

Hello,

Should this also work on assembly level?

Johnny

It does work in assemblies too.

Strange. In my case it doesn't looks like to work in assemblies.

I have made multiple layer status. Switching between them doesn't have effect, although the status I made were different.

Changing a certain status, doesn't show a + sign at the end of the layer status name.

All this works in part model.

Is there a certain setting to be used?

Bernardus,

I tested layer states in CR2 M070 in simple assembly with two simple compoments and it worked well. I suggest you to create simple assembly too and test layer states functionality. If it does not work simply zip all assembly files and upload it using How to attach file when you Reply to a discussion. procedure.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hello,

In a simple assembly this works as expected.

Johnny

It all depends where are the layers that you try to control from the assembly.

If the layers exists only in some of the components but not in the top level assembly you can't control those layers using layer states.

Take a look at the files that I uploaded (Creo 2). Because the layers for planes have different names the assembly layer states does not change the layers in the part. You will need to open the part and activate the desired state. Same for axes and csys.

If the layer name is common for top level asm and components (COMMON_LAYER) the assembly layer state change the layer in the part. When you activate the "Curves_Off" state the COMMON_LAYER is blanked in both the assembly and the part.

Using layer states in assemblies doesn't look to be as straight forward as in parts.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags