cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Schweißnaht--Weldseam

gcontreras
1-Newbie

Schweißnaht--Weldseam

Hello,

i have a question with the weldseam from creo. I use Creo 2.0 and my model have been welded. I would like to know if there is a tool that can measure the length of the whole weldseam (schweißnaht), like the sum of all it. If there is a parameter or something in which it could be meassured, without needing to be meassuring one by one.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Edna García

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

On further testing, you cannot do analysis on reference features which is strange.

In this case, you will have to select measure analysis references for all your welds.

Below is a video of the process to convert a measurement to a relation and annotation.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:gcontreras)

Hello Garcia,

You have posted this question in the Integrity Community, rather than the Creo Community. I have moved it into the Creo Community for you.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

You can save an analysis value. To best manage the weld edge references, you can make a intent feature from the edges used in the weld and use that for the analysis (length measurement). You can then create a parameter from the analysis feature. You might consider using a "post regen" option on the parameter.

thanks! What do you mean with an "intent feature" how can I do that? I´m already in parameter and selected all the edges which are welded, but I´m lost there. I can´t create the parameter.

And sorry for the multiple questions, but how can I save the analysis value? I have seen it before, but now I can´t manage to save this value.

Thank you very much!!

An intent feature is a datum reference. Under the datum drop-down, pick reference. You can select a reference type and create a sort of group of features. This will be saved in the model tree.

The analysis in your care is a length measurement of the reference. If you select the save option, it becomes a feature.

To use the analysis feature, create a relation; say weldlength=... here you use the parameter button in the relation dialog (the [ ] button) and select "feature" and pick the analysis result in the model tree. This will show you the analysis feature ID and you can insert it in your relation window using the button at the bottom.

On further testing, you cannot do analysis on reference features which is strange.

In this case, you will have to select measure analysis references for all your welds.

Below is a video of the process to convert a measurement to a relation and annotation.

I did submit a support case to find out why the reference feature doesn't work for analysis.

thank you so much! A very long time saved!

Happy to help. Sorry for misleading you. I will post the support case results when I receive them.

For those that can access the Ideas section, please vote for this:

Allow Measure Analysis to select Datum Reference Feature

For those who cannot see the Ideas section, this is the posted use case...

Top Tags