cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Show/Erase becomes just Show in WF 5. Did we lose functionality?

AntonioVillanue
8-Gravel

Show/Erase becomes just Show in WF 5. Did we lose functionality?

In Wildfire 4 and before, the Show/Erase dialog had equal selection options for Show and Erase. You could select by Feature, Feature and View, etc. But in WF 5, I see more options show than erase. Am I missing something? I know you can right click and group by box. But how would you select dimensions from a feature and erase them all. Using the drawing tree, I see all the model annotations but there is nothing that lets me know what feature they came from so I can group them. Also the model tree only offers show model annotations by feature. I would think that Show Model Annotations would have an options to show ones that already appear in the drawing so you can deselect them.

It could be that erasing dims by feature was not really used so the options were removed. Its good to know these sometimes. I know they like to tout enhancements but changes like this should be documented as well.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Erase functionality is definitely not an improvment in my opinion. Unerasing individual items using the drawing tree isn't a problem. To group items like you want I would say now involves the use of the search tool. However, grouping items will cause problems for unerasing because once the items are part of a group they no longer appear in the drawing tree under the views. This will cause you grief if you erase items that are part of that group and you later decide you want them back. Since they don't showup in the drawing tree you need to explode the draft group to get the items to show. The changes are documented just not very well so they're not real easy to pick up on. I think it's also assumed users are looking at the update courses.

With WF 5, one does not have an erase function in the literal sense of the word. Instead I would say now we have Show and Hide. One can show by the 'tick" mark against the item or one can select on the graphic screen with the control key pressed.

I did find that if you group dimensions, to unhide them without exploding the group add the dimensions to a layer (can't be a rule layer). This way if you erase a dimension that is part of the group and you want to later unerase it, you select it from the layer tree and unerase will show in the right mouse menu.

Top Tags