cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Sketcher palette

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Sketcher palette

Hello,

can anyone tell me if it is possible to lock the position of dimensions relative to a sketch? I am creating a series of sketches which i am storing in the sketcher palette & i am noticing that despite my efforts to space out the dimensions in an orderly fashion, when i view the thumbnail in the sketcher palette, they are all over the place, sometimes on top of one another. The sketches are quite intricate, with tiny bits of geometry, & most look similar, so i rely on the dimensions as much as the geometry when selecting the appropiate sketch. Its most frustrating.

Regards

John

5 REPLIES 5

Hi again,

i know this may contradict what i have already posted, but is it possible to store a sketch to the palette without any dimensions visible? I did some experimenting with this & it appears not, but am i missing something?

I turned off the dimensions & saved the sketch to the palette directory, but again when viewing the thumbnail they are visible & once again all over the place, it has a mind of its own.

Regards

John

Hi John...

The palette is just like a repository of stored sketches... and you cannot store a sketch without the dimensions. Therefore I would be HIGHLY doubtful you could store something to the palette without dimensions.

Once upon a time I might have suggested turning off Intent Manager, creating the sketch, and storing the geometry BEFORE attempting to regenerate but those options are definitely gone from Wildfire 5. I'm not even sure THAT would've worked.

There is also no way to LOCK the position of sketch dimensions. I know what you mean about these dimensions "moving" around as if they have a mind of their own. All I could suggest is that instead of a complex sketch requiring many dimensions perhaps you could switch to an UDF feature? You could break the feature into smaller sketches and therefore present a cleaner, more user-friendly interface using UDFs. Of course, these have their own downsides.

I wish I had a better solution for you... sounds like you need something like SNAP lines inside a sketch. That's definitely something we don't have yet.

Good luck!

-Brian

Thank you Brian,

i thought as much.

Regards

John

Thank you Brian,

i thought as much.

Regards

John

Thank you Brian,

i thought as much.

Regards

John

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags