cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Some features can't be grouped

David_M
5-Regular Member

Some features can't be grouped

Does anyone know why some features can't be grouped? I have a number of features for which the 'group' option is unavailable, even when those features are selected on their own. Is it something to do with external geometry? So far I've only noticed this on copy features which reference external geometry, some sketches and some extrusions.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Dependent features cannot be grouped, that includes external refs and the childrens of that features.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

With which version of the software are you working?

Please give us some examples of those "strange" features.

David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:DomenicLaritz)

There's no need. Anyone who can answer the question will already be familiar with the problem.

KrisR
1-Newbie
(To:David_M)

While this may be true David, it may be helpful for a newbie to see the features of which you speak, so they can learn themselves.

I've looked in the eLearning and there is no explanation of what can or can't be grouped and why. The help file is notoriously, no help.

James62
10-Marble
(To:David_M)

Hello,

I think you have already found the answer to the problem.

I've also ran accross features that I could not group. I think those were mirrored holes or features with external refs. Sometimes features related to features with external refs also cause problems.

Hello,

Dependent features cannot be grouped, that includes external refs and the childrens of that features.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags