cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Some features failed to regenerate

Dom_CHENTRE
12-Amethyst

Some features failed to regenerate

Hello,

Is it possible to avoid to accept the little yellow message

"Some features failed to regenerate

Choose OK to accept or Cancel to undo the changes"
Perhaps a config.pro option ?
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maybe you're thinking of the setting:

regen_failure_handling  resolve_mode

It's the one that handles things like in the "old days" where you are forced to edit each failed feature and fix the offending aspects of them. I have it in my config.pro file, but commented out because I found it was kind of a nightmare, especially when pulling up old assemblies with "missing but unimportant" components. I only turn it on when I have a specific model I'm trying to debug.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

No, there isn't a way to avoid this.  If a feature failed to regnerate, then you only have to 2 options.

Create a failed feature

OR

Undo the changes

Ok, thanks,

But I thought few versions ago, it was possible to accept (OK) by setting a config.pro option...

Not sure...

Thanks

Maybe you're thinking of the setting:

regen_failure_handling  resolve_mode

It's the one that handles things like in the "old days" where you are forced to edit each failed feature and fix the offending aspects of them. I have it in my config.pro file, but commented out because I found it was kind of a nightmare, especially when pulling up old assemblies with "missing but unimportant" components. I only turn it on when I have a specific model I'm trying to debug.

erine
12-Amethyst
(To:Dom_CHENTRE)

Notification Manager hatch_pattern_cfg_file Specifies the hatch pattern configuration file to be loaded when Creo is started.
Notification Manager nmgr_affected_by_dma Show notifications for models/features that are affected by Creo direct modifications warning, error, do_not_show, warning_with_message warning
Notification Manager nmgr_circular_references Show notification when there are circular references in the top model warning, error, do_not_show, warning_with_message warning_with_message
Notification Manager nmgr_gen_model_issues Show notifications when basic/generic model is failed warning, error, do_not_show, warning_with_message warning_with_message
Notification Manager nmgr_import_valid_issue Show notifications when import validation score is defined as passed with warning warning, error, do_not_show, warning_with_message warning_with_message
Notification Manager nmgr_modified_in_dma Show notifications for components and features whose have references have been changed since last regeneration warning, error, do_not_show, warning_with_message warning
Notification Manager nmgr_outdated_mathcad Show notifications for models that contain PTC Mathcad worksheet with values that differ from values in Creo warning, error, do_not_show, warning_with_message warning
Notification Manager nmgr_outdated_model_graphics Show notification when a model in simplified representation is outdated warning, error, do_not_show, warning_with_message warning_with_message
Notification Manager nmgr_outdated_non‐native Show notifications for non‐native models that are not up‐to‐date with respect to source warning, error, do_not_show, warning_with_message warning
Notification Manager nmgr_outdated_pdm Show notifications for models that are not up‐to‐date with recent PDM model version warning, error, do_not_show, warning_with_message warning_with_message
Notification Manager nmgr_outdated_pipe_solids Show notifications for pipe solids that are not up‐to‐ date with the recent piping application behavior warning, error, do_not_show, warning_with_message warning
Notification Manager nmgr_pending_dma Show notifications for models that were modified in Creo Direct and not reviewed. The changes should be accepted or rejected in the View Creo Changes dialog warning, error, do_not_show, warning_with_message warning_with_message
Notification Manager nmgr_ref_model_issues Show notifications when reference model is failed warning, error, do_not_show, warning_with_message warning_with_message
Notification Manager nmgr_reference_changed Show notifications for components and features whose have references have been changed since last regeneration warning, error, do_not_show, warning_with_message warning_with_message
Notification Manager nmgr_reference_out_of_session Show notifications for models/features with references not in session warning, error, do_not_show, warning_with_message do_not_show

These are all of the notification manager config options, assuming that you are on 4.0.

Creo 4.0 / M060
Top Tags