cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Spoiler Alert: Want to know what Creo apps we plan to release?

DanMarotta
2-Guest

Spoiler Alert: Want to know what Creo apps we plan to release?

Want to explore the evolution of Creo? Interested in the future roadmap for Creo Elements? Get the sneak peak on the Creo branding and the Creo product direction by downloading a new ebook available today, February 7th, on PTC.com

Download the free ebook

5 REPLIES 5

Interesting roadmap.

Do you have any information about the Creo\elements\direct and Creo\elements\pro additional modules like sheet metal, cabling, surfacing, etc.....?

Will PTC merge some of these in Creo or each solution will keep the own one?

regards

ghedges
1-Newbie
(To:Gabri)

Hi Carlo,

As has been described in the ebook - PTC will continue to develop and plans to offer several major releases of Creo Elements/Direct and its related modules over the next few years, as a stand-alone direct modeling solution. This approach provides new capabilities for existing customers of that solution, while simultaneously enhancing the new Creo app for direct modeling. These new releases of Creo Elements/Direct will include the new, top-level Ribbon UI, consistent with the new Creo apps, as well as improvements to the integration with Windchill®.

Creo 1.0 will initially support seamless data migration for geometry and geometric meta-data from Creo Elements/Direct 17.0 and 18.0, as well as previous CoCreate releases. Creo Elements/Direct 18.1 will enable additional migration of more application-specific data to Creo. And, in the following releases, more and more data will be able to be migrated to Creo. This phased approach will, over time, allow customers of Creo Elements/Direct to achieve upward compatibility with the new Creo direct modeling app built on the common data model. It is off course an optional migration, and customers will chose if and when they move to Creo based on the benefits they see.

With respect to additional modules or extensions, the main focus will be to leverage the best from ‘similar’ modules, and indeed have modules that can be used together with either the Creo direct model app or Creo parametric app. This offcourse will happen over a number of releases, beyond Creo 1.0.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Geoff

I have a simple question that I can never get a direct answer for yet.

Is CREO 1.0 a new CAD software developed from the ground up with new code and engine?

Everywhere I go, everyone is talking about the migration path and the renaming of Wildfire products has confused many people. IS CREO a new CAD Software that simply can read in native Pro/E files, or is it some kind of enhanced version of Pro/E that looks different.

I want a straight answer.

Forget about the Creo elements/pro naming stuff. I simply want to know if CREO 1.0 is a new CAD software built from the ground up.

Thanks

Thanks for your question – I hope the following answer provides some answer – but it really isn’t a black and white answer.

In many industries – including many manufactures, most new products are launched that include existing proven components, revised parts, and brand new parts or technologies. It’s the same for the software industry, and for the new Creo product suite, we’ve also leveraged proven technology components (from PTC and third parties), revised some existing software components, and included brand new technology and software developments.

Take for example, the kernel technology for the Creo parametric app, that uses and expands on the proven reliable and rich capabilities available in Creo Elements/Pro. This common in our industry, and most of today’s CAD products leverage off-the-shelf kernel technologies like Parasolid and ACIS kernels. Other components that are typically off-the-shelf or extensions of pre-developed software components include graphics engines, print engines, rendering engines, installers, etc.

We’ve also leveraged existing technology approaches from third parties –for example, the user interface across the Creo apps uses the Microsoft UI approach of ribbons.

And in many areas, we’ve developed brand new components, like the direct modeling application, new interaction methods, etc.

We see that by packaging the best existing, enhanced, and newly developed software components, we can deliver an innovative and yet reliable set of apps with Creo 1.0.

Best Regards,

Geoff Hedges

dcastillo,

The HONEST answer is, No.

Creo is NOT new software designed from the ground up.

It is simple Pro/E rebranded.

The direct editing code came from Co-Create.

It doesn't surprise me that a PTC rep would take 6 paragraphs to obuscate when the answer IS very simple.

In fact, the first sentence of his response is a deliberately false statement.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags