cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Sub connectors

aturcat
6-Contributor

Sub connectors

Hello,

I am working in cabling on Creo parametric 2.0, and I can't figure out how to make sub connectors work.

I use sub connectors because the fittings where the tube/wire has to go does not belong to the core part assembly. Therefore I have pin data for the core part but no entry ports (represented by a Csys = coordinate system). Indeed, The entry port data (Csys) are present in the fittings. (This is a rough summary about how sub connectors work)

Here comes my problem : Some of my fittings are the exact same ones. Therefore it's one part, used several times in the main assembly. Each part (fitting) has all the entry ports needed, even the ones they don't use on one emplacement, but that are used in another emplacement on the assembly (that makes a fitting with lots of Csys), but I set the entry port parameter to "true" or "false" so that each wire routes to the right fitting. I use logical data so that the wires "autoroute". But it doesn't work ! Either all my cables go to one entry port on one particular fitting as if they had all the same "to connection" or "entry port" parameter , or sometimes it just doesn't work and they don't know where to route, with "insufficient entry port information". 

I don't know if i made myself clear, maybe someone has encountered the same problem but i didn't find any discussion about it. I would greatly appreciate any help ! Don't hesitate to ask for more information

Best regards

Ambroise.

1 REPLY 1
Fender
13-Aquamarine
(To:aturcat)

Good afternoon.
I really can not help you, the level of knowledge does not allow. But with pleasure I'll listen to what you will be offered as a solution to your parametric problem.
It is very interesting.

Sincerely, Evgrafov Aleksandr.
Top Tags