cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Summary: WF4 & WF5 Silent Install

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Summary: WF4 & WF5 Silent Install

I finally got the trail file silent install to work, but it took a call to support to figure it out.  I have tried this several times over the years and was never successful.

What was far less than clear in the docs was that the ps_trl.txt.1 file is created, not in the folder where setup.exe resides, but in the folder where cmd.exe resides (C:\windows\system32).  Never would have guessed that and I'm not sure how others figured that out.  The docs seem to clearly indicate that it should be where "setup.exe" is, in my view.

At any rate, I found the trail file and was able to install via the -uitrail switch.  For WF4 I couldn't install both the application and then the help files at one time, I had to create two trail files.  Other than that it seems to be working fine.  The real test will be when I roll out the software to everyone.

Thanks

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags