cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Surfacing in Creo elements/direct

agracia
7-Bedrock

Surfacing in Creo elements/direct

I am trying to use the surfacing module in Creo Elements/Direct Modeling.  I have created my spline and it is connected at all points.  I am able to make my intended surface if I split my spline in half and use the inserts callout, but I cannot use the skin command or insert for the entire part.  I keep getting an error that says "Edge define an invalid mesh". I have also gotten, "Selected Boundary does not define a valid surface." Any idea why I might get these? Also does anyone have any good tutorials for surfacing? I haven't been able to find much. I have attached the picture of my spline. When I run the skin or insert commands none of the intersections between splines are red.

5 REPLIES 5

Would it be possible to attach the 'pkg' file.

One suggestion is to set your part resolution to 1.0E-4mm or 1.0E-3mm.

Scott

I tried to attach the spline. I am pretty sure all of the lines are connected.  Also does anyone know an easy way to attach splines if they are not connected? It takes me forever to get them to snap to each other sometimes.

I changed the resolution but it did not help.

I have V19.  When I selected each 3D curve individually with the skin command the surface generated successfully.  When I selected all the 3D curves I got the error you described.  This is due to the fact that some of the 3D curves on the center spline are duplicated (curves on top of curves).  If you delete the duplicate curves this should work.

Scott

I tried to delete the duplicates, but I can't find any. I can do one half of the hood and mirror it, but it doesn't look right. This is the error I'm getting.

Error.JPG

Attached are two PDF files.  I noted the extra lines in Spline.pdf and Skin.pdf shows the model with the added surface.

Scott

Top Tags