cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Symbolt created in a new release of Creo

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Symbolt created in a new release of Creo

I am trying to open a custom weld symbol and I am receiving the following error:

File G:\Engineering\PROE_DATA\A_A_Proengineer\fillet_2line.sym was created in a newer release of Creo Elements/Pro.

Error reading symbol file. Symbol not retrieved.

I have Creo2 and Creo3 on my computer, but isolated.

As you can see, the symbol hasn't changed since 1/7/2013 and I used it up till a month ago. Any thoughts out there?

Thanks,

Dale

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Open the symbol in notepad or some other text editor.  The version it was last saved in will be clearly displayed.

ver.PNG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Open the symbol in notepad or some other text editor.  The version it was last saved in will be clearly displayed.

ver.PNG

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomU)

Not sure how this happened, but:

I'd try creating a new symbol in WF5 and copying that line from the WF5 symbol into the other symbol you are trying to use.  Make a copy first so you don't jack up the original.

Worst that can happen is that it'll corrupt the symbol and you're back where you started.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:dgschaefer)

When did Creo 2, M030 come out?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

November 28, 2012.

mender
6-Contributor

Some semi-useful thoughts:

You might be able to locate an earlier version of your symbol, perhaps on another computer or a sym.1 where this is sym.2.

Symbol files don't have history to say who changed it, but in hunting down why the symbol was modified, you might have some luck looking at the file timestamp, and thinking who would have been on that computer then, perhaps figuring that by locating other Creo files they'd have made at the same time.

Top Tags