cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Table data disapears

MichaelDouglas
8-Gravel

Table data disapears

I have a table in a drw that the user defined functions keep disapearring. You can repopulate and then scroll your screan in and out and the data disapears.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Michael...

Can you explain further... or give us a screenshot? I'm not sure what you mean by 'user defined functions' or repopulate. If you can take a picture of what you're seeing, that would really help. A co-worker accidentally set his table text to the background color which caused it to disappear against the drawing backdrop. Other than this color problem or a layering issue, I'm not sure what could cause the type of problem I think you're describing.

There are two other possibilities that come to mind. One- you may have two tables stacked on top of each other. Sometimes this causes weirdness. This can happen if you replace a format (which loads new tables) WHILE inadvertently leaving a previously existing table in place. The only other problem I know of which causes problems with tables is when people try to use the Microsoft OLE tables. This is where you use a spreadsheet table directly from Excel (or a note composed directly in MS Word) to display on the screen. The text for these OLE objects (object linking and embedding) has always been wonky. It frequently disappears and is generally tough to work with.

Write back with more details and I'll be glad to help.

Thanks!

-Brian

For Some reason I can not make the screen shot import into this discussion. No to the table on top. I use this table alot so I know it is not a color issue. It is a table that I created in ProE. The table is bringing in Parmeter values.

Can I e-mail you the screen shots?

Thanks

Mike

You could paste it into paint or something and save the image and then insert it.

Mike

It keeps telling me invalid file type. I have put it in word made it a pic/ tif made a pdf just no luck.I just tried paint don't think anything happened. Although I didn't get an error message

Hi Michael...

You can try to send me a screenshot at the NASA email address listed in my profile.

Thanks!

-Brian

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags