cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Tangency in Sketcher -- Magnitude options?

ThomasPhore
3-Visitor

Tangency in Sketcher -- Magnitude options?

I assume there is nothing. However, I was wondering if there is some way (that I have been missing) of doing more than just merely creating a tangency contraint between two spines etc in sketcher. For example, in Style, when you create a tangency contraint at an endpoint of a line/curve, you also specify the "amount" of tangency by entering a magnitude value or dragging a handle. It's like an illustration software like Adobe Illustrator etc.

However, in sketcher there is no such way of controlling the "amount" of tangency? Do I have that correct? Just checking. It would be so much nicer if you could do this.

4 REPLIES 4

you need : pick spline --> RMB --> modify -> control polygon mode

I appear to not be able to do this. I am on WF5 M060 and I read online that this was a bug in early WF5 builds. Anyone know which build the bug got fixed and/or how to tell whether or not I'm really not able to do it because of bug? When I'm in sketch and try to modify a spline, niether the control points mode nor the polygon mode buttons will select. Only the "modify with interpolation points" points is selected.

delete spline's tangent constrain --> modify --> control polygon mode --> collinear or tangent polygon+other line

or

update to SPR 2058777 Resolved Datecode

hi,

I prefer the way mentioned by AriesChen using extrapolated control points. That one is about the fastest.

Another way is adding a radius dimension to end of each spline by selecting dimension and then the end point of the spline. The greater the radius dimension you choose the more straight the spline at the particular end will be.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags