cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Teaching CREO

ptc-6334160
1-Newbie

Teaching CREO

Does anyone teach CREO parametric in their school? I'm teaching CREO to my 6th formers at the moment and its not going in!

Any tips or decent tutorials that anyone has found useful?

Thanks in advance,

Liz

2 REPLIES 2

This is an area where PTC has TOTALLY and utterly dropped the ball. We have a bunch of younger Engineers here, pretty fresh out of school, and NONE of them have any Pro/E experience, and constantly rag on it, how SW is SO much better, blahblahblah. First, it's NOT, in fact, Pro/E is far more powerful, it's just not taught in hadly any schools. So, we're (read: ME) stuck training them and trying to get rid of their bad habits. Worse, if the pool of engineers we'd be looking to hire, some will not even consider the job because of the software change. Which, in my mind, is ok, because if they're not looking to learn a more powerful software, I wouldn't want to hire them anyways, but I digress....

PTC NEEDs to make sur eEngineers coming out of school have been able to learn it IN school, otherwise they are completely doomed. Counting on existing companies to have legacy files requiring the sale/use/maintenance of Pro/E software is a recipe for failure.

Are you listening, PTC?

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags