cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

The geometry which serves as the origin of the partial view "right_32", on sheet 2, is missing

RogerEngee
1-Newbie

The geometry which serves as the origin of the partial view "right_32", on sheet 2, is missing

Can anyone help on the above error what does it mean?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

This error happens when the geometry that you clicked as a reference to create the view changes and the view loses the origin point.  Click on your "right_32" view, then Right-Click >> Properties.  You will see a dialogue box like the one attached (Drawing_View_Dialogue.JPG).

Drawing_View_Dialogue.JPG

Click on the field showing your missing reference, then go to the original view you created "right_32" from.  You will need to click where the view origin point should be to redefine the view.  There will be an X in  your original view similar to the image attached (Origin_Point.jpg).

Origin_Point.JPG

For my view, I changed the radius value enough that the view lost it's origin reference point.  So to fix this, all I need to do is click on the radius again and the view will then redefined.  Then click OK in the dialogue box.  Done.

Hope this helps...Brian

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

maybe you have removed geometry which defines the location of geometry shown in partial view.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Mark, got it thanks too!

Hi,

This error happens when the geometry that you clicked as a reference to create the view changes and the view loses the origin point.  Click on your "right_32" view, then Right-Click >> Properties.  You will see a dialogue box like the one attached (Drawing_View_Dialogue.JPG).

Drawing_View_Dialogue.JPG

Click on the field showing your missing reference, then go to the original view you created "right_32" from.  You will need to click where the view origin point should be to redefine the view.  There will be an X in  your original view similar to the image attached (Origin_Point.jpg).

Origin_Point.JPG

For my view, I changed the radius value enough that the view lost it's origin reference point.  So to fix this, all I need to do is click on the radius again and the view will then redefined.  Then click OK in the dialogue box.  Done.

Hope this helps...Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your detailed knowledge sharing. Greatly appreciated.

I understand the scenario you highlighted.

In our use case, the original view and "right_32" view belongs to different sheets. I am not able to toggle the sheets to do the selection in the (Drawing_View_Dialogue.JPG).

I think I need to check with my user again if she intends to release a change request to get this drawing modifiable in "Windchill", my question arose from a PDF generation issue when this drawing object got released in the system and there were some missing views between the CAD drawing and the PDF.

Thanks for your help and i'm going to mark your post as the correct answer.

Roger

(Singapore)

Hi,

Here's what you need to do: Go into your "right_32" view and change the sheet location to the sheet with the original view.  It doesn't really matter where it is located, I usually just drag it outside of my border, it just needs to be on the same sheet.  Fix the lost origin, then move the view back to the other sheet.

Brian

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags