cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Through thread in part

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Through thread in part

Hello

I have created a tapped hole in Creo part file. Once I go to edit definition -> Shape, I am able to find option for through thread. Option is disabled for me. Any idea how to enable the same?

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That may be due to "Upto Surface" depth that you have selected for the hole. As I know you can't make the thread depth and the hole depth dependent. Thru Thread is enabled only for a Thru All hole.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi, You're looking in the wrong place. See attachment. Use the pulldown for up_to_next or Through_all etc

Hi, Thank you for response. Actually what you have mentioned is for hole depth. I am looking for through thread depth. In other words, Suppose I have selected surface such that depth is 200.Now, I want 200 as thread depth.I can provide value as 200 for variable option, but how to achieve 200 as Through Thread? Variable I guess will not increase thread depth if reference surface used for through hole depth is updated.

see attached

NOThroughTHread.PNG

I am not getting that option enabled.

That may be due to "Upto Surface" depth that you have selected for the hole. As I know you can't make the thread depth and the hole depth dependent. Thru Thread is enabled only for a Thru All hole.

Top Tags