cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Transferring Pro/E Component Shapes to Mentor via IDF

RonThellen
14-Alexandrite

Transferring Pro/E Component Shapes to Mentor via IDF

Is it possible to create a detailed Pro/E model of a connector and pass the "footprint" to Mentor? I have successfully created the Pro/E model and exported the footprint to a .emp file. The Mentor designer I passed the file to didn't think there was a way to import a component in a .emp file. Does anybody know if this is possible? If so, any hints on how to accomplish this? We have successfully transferred board data back and forth, but have never needed to pass a new component from Pro/E to Mentor.

Ron

1 REPLY 1

Hi Ron,

You probably want to export the file from Pro/E as an emn file, emp files work with some ecad packages, I am not sure if your version of Mentor is one of them. In order to export the file properly, the part and subsequent emn fileshould have a single cross section. Create a protrusion from the base of the part to the top of the part choosing the outside edges of thecomponent (top view) in your section.

On our website, there is a sample emn outline file inside the zip file. It resideson the following page.

http://www.simplifiedsolutionsinc.com/index.php/aff51c0878733a7ed38dd5358caebd18/common/offerings;components

You should be able to import this emn file into Mentor, click on the component image to download the part.

There are also a lot of Pro/ECAD resources on the bottom of our homepage...www.simplifiedsolutionsinc.com.

Feel free to contact me with any further Pro/ECAD related questions.

Regards,

Keith Richman
Simplified Solutions Inc.
410-420-7853 (United States)
<u>-</u>

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags