cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

UV Line on a point

ChiselnMallet
6-Contributor

UV Line on a point

Hello,

I am trying to create a UV line on a predefined point on a surface.  The reason is to move a hole along the curvature of the part at a specific point.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

"UV" is a coordinate system that is normalized for a surface. You can create an axis that is normal to a surface at a point.

What I want to do use a coordinate (point) that falls on the surface.  Then run a UV line thru that exact point on the surface.  Not trying to make an axis.

What are you calling a UV line?

Sorry,  an Isoline?

An isoline is a line of constant value for some measureable characteristic. Usually height, which would be an intersection between the surface and a plane. It could be any other characteristic, such as curvature.

What is it that you are trying to analyze?

I wanted to move  a hole reference point from its current position on the surface along an isoline that intersects it.

The only reference I see to any of this is in the Import Data Doctor interface. So, just try what I said at the beginning - create a point on the curve, create an axis normal to the surface through the point, and create the hole co-axial to the axis. Changing the dimension on the point will move the hole, which is what you asked for.

Ref: http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/#page/data_exchange%2Fimpdatadoc%2FAbout_Curves.html%23

Top Tags