cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Undo Uncheckout - SUMMARY

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Undo Uncheckout - SUMMARY

Wayne,

A couple points of clarification.

1.) When viewing past events in the event manager you can change the view to only show events for the current workspace. This makes it much easier to follow.

[cid:image003.jpg@01CEFD70.807FB2A0]

2.) Rolling back to a previous event will not change any committed server side actions like check-in or new revise. It will however un-check-out things. The workspace will go back to showing the version of the objects that existed during the frame creation, but keep in mind that those versions may no longer be the latest.

3.) You can go back and forth between older and newer frames repeatedly (unless you do something to an older frame that makes going back forward not possible.)

Checked out and modified objects:

[cid:image005.png@01CEFD6F.3B3F89A0]

Rolling back to an earlier frame un-checked-out the objects and reloaded earlier versions:

[cid:image004.png@01CEFD6E.C261EAF0]

Returning back to the latest frame takes us back where we started, but without the objects being checked out.

[cid:image006.png@01CEFD6F.C6173550]

4.) Frame size. I personally run a frame stack size of 100 and I’ve had no issues at all. It’s important to remember that the stack is shared across ALL workspaces. If you run lots of workspaces, that can get chewed up very quickly.

Tom U.

(WC 9.1 M050)
2 REPLIES 2
wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:TomU)

NICE! Thanks....I will add to my doc. Merry Christmas!

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:TomU)

Updated per Tom's very well done addendum. Thanks again!

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags