cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Unify the extruded bodies

ftorabi
1-Newbie

Unify the extruded bodies

Hi Everybody

I am using Creo 2 , I am quite new in it.

I would like to know, when I extrud a body that interferes into another existing body, are they unified or seen as two separate solids ? and is there an option to distinguish between these two ?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you are extruding a solid body (not a surface) and it intersects another solid body, they become a single entity and you can't separate them. 

If you need to model intersecting entities that need to remain separate, you may want to use surfacing.  Solid is set by default when extruding. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If you are extruding a solid body (not a surface) and it intersects another solid body, they become a single entity and you can't separate them. 

If you need to model intersecting entities that need to remain separate, you may want to use surfacing.  Solid is set by default when extruding. 

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ftorabi)

And just to expand a little more on what Matthew said, Creo does not create multi-body parts like NX.

A part represents a single body. To have multiple bodies, you create an assembly and add the parts to it.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags