cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Vertical draft of a hole angled 45 degress

ptc-4890452
1-Newbie

Vertical draft of a hole angled 45 degress

Hi.

I want to make a hole that is angled 45 degress in a mould opening vertically. I have tried to sketch below how I imagine the mould parts to look like.

draftcross.JPG

When doing a draft analysis it looks almost fine. I just need to get rid of the "rainbow" area in the middle and have a "clean cut" going from blue to pink with no transisition.

Any good ideas on how to do that?

draft01.JPG

37 REPLIES 37

The fact that these corruption hide within the part and continue to migrate is problematic. Is there a "cleanse" type of command that we can scrub a part with so that stuck references are deleted?

I have already reported one part that had a "stuck reference" which was quite obvious as it continued to highlight... but wasn't called by anything. But sure enough, if you tried to delete the feature that contained that reference, it still wanted to delete the using feature. I had to rebuild the part from that feature forward to weed out the offending reference.

Of course, this is something you discover when you start cleaning up your model a bit which obviously is the worst time to discover a corruption.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Cleanse command......kind of like a digital enema/high colonic??? LOLZ....

I think these major changes have left timebombs in parts. Think of an old part in pre-WF. Then the features were "redefined" like they did with datum curves created from 2 intersections. Then they went to the abomination that is creo, and the basics are redefined again. I've been told and read that everytime they make these kinds of radical changes (bold, new GUI! - gag) that you should create completely new start parts from scratch. Great, but.....what do you do with old parts created in earlier versions? You suffer, is what. In all the changes they made from v15 (when I started) to 200-i2 (or whatever the last one was) there were none of these incompatability issues. I can understand a compatability issue between solidworks and Pro/E, not between different versions of Pro/E. That is unacceptable.

Well...... we already have "purge" after all

I guess it could be worse. You could have to filter your old part through something like the Granite filter to use them in new versions.

Are we getting off topic?

Are we getting off topic?

I guess we are, but I did want to make a final comment. Your version does a great job at making sure there is no zero draft, and even provides a great way to add easily controllable draft. It also allows the original hole to be created all the way through (I didn't figure that until I relooked at yours). So, technically, and if the system behaves, you can do this with only two extra features:

1: Make the project feature (oval)

2: Make the Sweep cut

Even the cleanup process is at least 3 more features:

3) Make the cleanup Sweep sketch

4) Create the cleanup Sweep

5) ...group 3 and 4 and pattern it.

Great job!

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Thanks! Too bad it doesn't all work the first time...... I wonder if PTC should look at this?

PTC should be looking at a lot of things.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Well, on this one I included the file, so they have no excuses.......

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

But....this topic is so much more entertaining!

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags