cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

When you are assembling items in Creo?

bmclemore
6-Contributor

When you are assembling items in Creo?

Hello To All,

When you are assembling items in Creo, and you have to use angle offset. You have to use negative value, but as soon as you hit regenerate it jumps to the positive value. Is there a way to get it where it will stay the negative value?

Thanks Billy

3 REPLIES 3

Bane of my angular constraint existence. AFAIK Creo always normalizes the angle to 0<=x<360. I have no idea why. It really irritates not having negative angles; instead I often have to assemble so that variation avoids negative angles.

Creo (up to 2.x) also doesn't have a control for the sense of the angle, so it's not like the positive direction can be flipped.

Best compromise is to create a parameter for the angle and then set up so the sense of the angle has the nominal position at 180 degrees. Then a relation can be used: angle_dimension = 180 +(or -) angle_parameter. The "-" is handy when the sense of the constraint is wrong.

Hi,

1.] you can set following config.pro option

SHOW_DIM_SIGN  yes

2.] you can add dollar sign to enable minus values in relations, for example

$angle_dimension = -45

MH

Martin Hanák
bmclemore
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

Thank you, Martin. I will have to try that next time I have a model where I have to use angles to assembly something.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags