cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Where is visibilities/clipping

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Where is visibilities/clipping

Hi all,

i am working with Creo 2 & would like to look inside a model by dynamic clipping. In wildfire versions i did this by selecting view, model display, visibilities & then clip, you then dragged a bar from 0 to 100%. Where is this functionality in Creo? please tell me this is not lost, i use this a lot & it would be a massive blow if i can no longer do this.

Regards

John

3 REPLIES 3

Now that the sectioning has been made -so- easy, they decided to replace clipping with sections:

About View Clipping

You can perform view clipping on a model containing cross sections. You can clip models through cross sections and create drawing views from clipped views.

The following are some guidelines for view clipping:

You can define multiple cross sections. However, you can view clip a model using only one cross section at a time.
You can use a maximum of six planar boundaries to define zones to view clip them.
You cannot use cross-section view clipping and model view clipping simultaneously.
You can save the model in the view clipped state by setting the save_clipped_view configuration option to yes. On subsequent retrieval of the model, Creo Parametric sets the saved clipping state to active, and the model is displayed in the clipped state.
Note

You need the save_clipped_view configuration option only at the time the model is saved. Retrieval of the model depends on how the model was saved; retrieval is completely independent of the configuration option

Thank you for the reply Antonius, this is not ideal, it used to be so much easier to clip models & take a peek inside. Yet another example of a so called enhancement that has made things worse not better (in my opinion anyway).

Have a Merry Christmas

John

Also look at "Zone" sections. Not sure what the difference is but their definition shows up as sections in the view manager. You can clip with several planes. Unfortunately, the only way to activate defined "zones" is in the view manager, not the model tree.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags