cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Whether Creo Parametric 4.0 embedded browser supports 64-bit

ljin-2
2-Guest

Whether Creo Parametric 4.0 embedded browser supports 64-bit

As I know, Creo Parametric 3.0 only supports 32-bit embedded browser

11 REPLIES 11

Hi Lie Feng Jin,

In Creo 4.0, we have increased the embedded browser process support to 64-bit for both IE and Chromium.   Note: The browser for Creo 4.0 will only support a 64-bit. An additional enhancement in Creo is that the embedded browser will be run as a separate process by default.

Thanks,

Mark

ptc-1860505
5-Regular Member
(To:mfischer)

Mark,

I'm using Creo Parametric 4.0, M030. The embedded browser is not a separate process! When I open a new Creo, it connects to the server right away. When I change the workspace in one Creo session, it's changing the workspace into other Creo to. This is a problem when I try to open 2 assemblies into different Creo from different workspaces. It can not be done.. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Mike

Creo can only be activated to one Workspace at a time. This is the functionality of Windchill. It helps Windchill workspaces from getting corrupt due to the cache location on your C: of 😧 drive.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-1860505)

I don't believe you are referring to 64bit vs 32 bit browser problems.

This product idea https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Ideas/Multiple-session-of-Creo3-embedded-with-Windchill/idi-p/452941 I believe it what you are asking for.

You would need to have a separate workspace cache to be able to run 2 sessions of Creo in 2 different workspaces.

@ptc-1860505 wrote:

Mark,

I'm using Creo Parametric 4.0, M030. The embedded browser is not a separate process! When I open a new Creo, it connects to the server right away. When I change the workspace in one Creo session, it's changing the workspace into other Creo to. This is a problem when I try to open 2 assemblies into different Creo from different workspaces. It can not be done.. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Mike

Multiple sessions of Creo Parametric, using the same cache, linked to different workspaces, is no longer possible with Creo Parametric 3.0:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS202061

ptc-1860505
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-1860505)

Thank you all for the answers!

I understand PTC's concern for the WS to get corrupted when using multiple Creo sessions but personally I don't recall this happening when I used Creo 2.0 for a few years. However, it is not possible also to have one Creo that uses Windchill & WS and the second Creo that has to be stand alone and use local data. I tried and it crashes all the time.

Well, the final solution was to create a 2nd psf file under "bin" and pointed it to a new local folder/s. It works ok but a normal user without Admin permissions can't do it.

ENV=PTC_WF_ROOT=C:\CREO_CONFIG\CREO-Alternative\.wf
ENV=PTC_WF_CACHE=C:\CREO_CONFIG\CREO-Alternative\local_cache

@ptc-1860505 wrote:

Thank you all for the answers!

I understand PTC's concern for the WS to get corrupted when using multiple Creo sessions but personally I don't recall this happening when I used Creo 2.0 for a few years.

Yep us too. We successfully used the single cache, multiple sessions, different workspaces (or no workspace) for many years.

We started with Windchill 9.1 M050 and Wildire 4.0 M060 (? not sure on the build) .

Continued with the following Windchill and Wildfire/Creo Parametric releases:

Windchill 9.1 M060 > 9.1 M070 > 10.2 F000 > 10.2 M010 > 10.2 M030

Wildfire 4.0 > Wildfire 5.0 > Creo Parametric 2.0

And ended with Creo Parametric 3.0

Randy,

I love "And ended with Creo Parametric 3.0"

Ended the same way with us.

This is a BIG setback for our users who have got used to working in multiple sessions for whatever reason.

Also notice that there in only one Server Management window for all the sessions that are open in Creo 4.

This is not good. Atleast there has to be an option to use one session with WC and another Standalone session.

Hi,

any user can create bat file containing following lines ...

set PTC_WF_ROOT=C:\CREO_CONFIG\CREO-Alternative

"C:\PTC\Creo3_M150\Creo 3.0\M150\Parametric\bin\parametric.exe" "C:\PTC\Creo3_M150\Creo 3.0\M150\Parametric\bin\parametric.psf" %*

In this scenario, only one psf file is necessary.

Martin Hanák
ptc-1860505
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Indeed, but I like one single shortcut and the visual when you have to pick the name from the list that opens into the window when you start Creo and have multiple psf files. 🙂

Top Tags