cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

While creating hole table in creo, does creo only takes hole which are seen in the front view into consideration?

lpandya
1-Newbie

While creating hole table in creo, does creo only takes hole which are seen in the front view into consideration?

I have 4 holes in a simple .prt file in creo, out of which 1 is in Top and 1 is in Left orientation and 2 are in Front orientation. Now when i create a hole table i.e. Table->Hole Table. It only shows data for those 2 holes in front view. Is creo's hole table implemented this way or there's some catch behind it. Please let me know. Need answer ASAP. Thanks

Message was edited by: Lakhan Pandya

6 REPLIES 6

Is it not that the hole table will only apply holes in one plane, unless it is a sheetmetal type part which is in an unbend or not yet formed state?

Dave C.

Lakhan,

there are two rules related to Hole tables:

1. in specific view you have to select coordinate system whose XY plane is parallel to screen and Z axis is normal to screen and points to you
  2. Creo finds holes which are normal to screen and puts their location coordinates into hole table

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:lpandya)

Per what MartinHanak‌ posted, you will need (3) hole table for the (4) holes you mentioned.

Thanks, Dale

MartinHanak Thanks for your reply. So is there any way i can have a table or a collection of tables where i can have info about all the holes in the model.

Dale Rosema‌ I can't create 3 different hole tables. If i select co-ordinate system of views other than front view, it gives me this error: "Coord sys PRT_CSYS_DEF has incorrect orientation. Select again". Please guide me for the same.

Lakhan,

when you create Hole table containing information about Hole features, then you can put X and Y coordinate of hole axis related to the origin of selected CSYS. According to my rule no.1 "in specific view you have to select coordinate system whose XY plane is parallel to screen and Z axis is normal to screen and points to you". Therefore you have to create three CSYS to be able to create three Hole tables.

Current Creo functionality does not enable you to create Hole table containing all model holes because of my rule no.1.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:lpandya)

I have the hole table on separate pages of the drawing. Each page shows the view that is needed for the corresponding hole table.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags