cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Wildfire3 to wildfire 2

ptc-1035147
1-Newbie

Wildfire3 to wildfire 2

Hy, If I update form wildfire 2 to 3 then if I make some components in wildfire 3 can I save them in a format that can be opened and work on it in wildfire 2?
7 REPLIES 7

Not really. You can save as a STEP (dumb solid) or other 3D format. There is a plug-in that uses the ATB to send files back and forth, but it is not a no-brainer to install. It allows 3.0 files to be opened in 2.0. You can't modify the model in 2.0, but you can add features that can be 'grafted' onto the model when re-opened in 3.0. Check TPI 132326 for details. Regards

Ok thnakyou for answer !

Can you explain me what is TPI 132326. thanks

TPI is a document available on the PTC Support website. It details how to obtain the application 'readnewermodels.dll' and install it. If you are not an active maintenance customer, you are not going to be able to get it (I assume). Are you on active maintenance? Regards

Yes I have active maintenance. I have typed the thext on search field and didn#t find anything that I have asked Thanks

Go to PTC.com, select Support>Search the Knowledgebase. Type in the Search For field 132326 and check off the button Technical Point of Interest (TPI). This will bring up the document, not the general search located on the PTC home page. Regards

Thankyou very much ! Now I have found it.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags