cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Windchill / CreoX / Chrome, Why not?

glatorre
3-Visitor

Windchill / CreoX / Chrome, Why not?

I know Creo 2 is able to use Firefox 10 to work with Windchill 10.X, in effect I think Firefox is a good browser but Chrome is clearly better.

If we compare the more popular browsers, at the moment we can consider:

1. Google Chrome
  2. Mozilla Firefox 10
  3. Microsoft Internet Explorer 9

Let's take a look to HTML 5 more compatible tests: http://html5test.com/compare/browser/chrome24/ff10/ie09.html

Google Chome is the best solution with HTML 5

From the beginning, Google Chrome updates itself automatically without any "strange questions" like "do you want update me?"

In the online JavaScript Benchmark Google chome is all time on the top.

From my point of view Google Chrome is the best browser, fast secure and compatible with W3C standards.

With Windchill 10.x, PTC starts to use Google GWT, one of the grate java framework to implement HTML5 and javascript to create WebApps. I think is for PTC a grate opportunity to impelment in Creo to use Google Chome.

Google give us the best of himself with google Java/Javascript Framwork and client applications.

Hey PTC community tell me WHY not?

1 REPLY 1

I agree with what you're saying. You bring up some good facts. Considering PTC's rate of incorporating new ideas and new technology they will allow the use of Google Chrome in about 15 years. Remember, they don't even have a spell checker on WF 5.0.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags