cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Wrapping a sketch onto a cylinder.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Wrapping a sketch onto a cylinder.

This really should have been posted as a discussion.

Adnan is trying to create the relation so the sketch below will wrap accurately around the cylinder.

What is -your- method to capture the cylinder diameter and specify the sketch relation so it can be wrapped, and later patterned 8x.

The idea is that you have a fully tangent serpentine wrap around the cylinder.

ref:

http://communities.ptc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/106642994-60303/photo4946_orig.jpeg/Relation.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

If just trying for a zig-zag,then datum curve by equation, using cylindrical coordinate system and driving the z value from a zig-zag graph based on the theta value.

Interesting thought. The radii at the ends are fixed to wrap around an insulator.

I added a document for my simple solution. This project can be taken to the n-th degree but for the most part, this is more than sufficient for most applications. This feature can be created within a few minutes with all the parameters either known or available through parameters.

Techniques - Heater Coil for Cylindrical Furnace

I love this color for glowing hot wires...

fire_red.PNG

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags