cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

autosave option available in Creo????

dyadav
7-Bedrock

Creo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:dschenken)

Reminder programs are available on the internet for free.

AutoSave is usually turned off as it becomes a PITA after a few times.

Putting it in a mapkey may be okay until you want to show something to your boss or in a demo and you hit the mapkey and have to wait.

Another CAd program used to have an autosave that would kick in after A) a set time and B) when you hit their top menu. Frustrating when you want to do something quick and have to navigate to the top menu and have the autosave kick in and you wait.

The best advice is to FFF and save before you make any drastic changes to your design. In part files this is usually quick, assemblies may take some time depending on many factors: size of file, network speed, Windchill or no Windchill, etc.

FFF stands for File Fairly Frequently.....though other words have been used.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

No.

Martin Hanák

What about this ?

Ask Google to search ... autosave proe

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I asked google also but......anyway thank you

llie
16-Pearl
(To:dyadav)

I thought back in the day there used to be something along that line.

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:llie)

The closest it got was save on exit, which helped a lot of people; though even then people would get impatient and slap Q to get out of it.

Excel and Word notably save backups which can be retrieved. Mostly autosave has been shifted so that it doesn't take an intermediate version in memory and store that.

If you were comfortable with it, you could add a Save sequence to a frequently used mapkey or create an AutoIt script to pop up a reminder every so often.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:dschenken)

Reminder programs are available on the internet for free.

AutoSave is usually turned off as it becomes a PITA after a few times.

Putting it in a mapkey may be okay until you want to show something to your boss or in a demo and you hit the mapkey and have to wait.

Another CAd program used to have an autosave that would kick in after A) a set time and B) when you hit their top menu. Frustrating when you want to do something quick and have to navigate to the top menu and have the autosave kick in and you wait.

The best advice is to FFF and save before you make any drastic changes to your design. In part files this is usually quick, assemblies may take some time depending on many factors: size of file, network speed, Windchill or no Windchill, etc.

FFF stands for File Fairly Frequently.....though other words have been used.

Hi...Ben loosli thanks for suggestion we are using same method " save before making any drastic changes to design" but we lost all date if suddenly fattel error come out....

""

IN other CAD like Solid Edge and Solid works there is option called "Autosave time"where we can put our time in sec or mint for auto saving in session.

I know I'm late to this, but I was out here looking for a solution and found this,

I use the config prompt_on_exit, and have it set to yes, which is okay, because it will catch them.

however before when I exited pro, intralink was still open.

now when I exit creo, windchill also exits so I have to log totally back in...

why can't we have a prompt_to_save_on_close? that way when accidently close something before I saved I can catch it without having to exit out of everything

fyi, that autosave that used to be out there was great, I used it back when we were on 2000i and loved it. but the version I had didn't work in any other version

I'd try going with a mapkey that saves and then closes.

Something to notice is that when you save you get a box with a name in it. AFIAK you can type any other name in there and it will save that instead.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags