cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

bend unbend of hollow pipe

ptc-3256224
1-Newbie

bend unbend of hollow pipe

I am trying to creat elbow but it is require to give both dimensions for unbend and bend pipe.Also want to show in Pro-detailing.

but I am not getting how to do it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You could use family tables or display states by removing the bending operation or having both in your part file.

For simplicity, however, you might consider adding 2 part files to the drawing (use Add Model). Then you can manage views for each part.

There really is not a -right- way to do this.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Could use a spinal bend and make it an instance. BUT, when you bend a tube in real life, the lengths of the inside and outside stay about the same as they were, so, you end up with a slanted end on the bent end, that you must then cut normal to the centerline.

You could use family tables or display states by removing the bending operation or having both in your part file.

For simplicity, however, you might consider adding 2 part files to the drawing (use Add Model). Then you can manage views for each part.

There really is not a -right- way to do this.

I dont think if there any funcionlity in creo for bend and unbend pipe in one click however one can trick the system like by using parameters or family tables so that by chaning parameter bend feature will get suppressed and straight feature in that portion will get resumed.

This is correct for linear bends - for complex geometry use FASTBLANK for Creo from www.forming.com

Is there supporting info of FastBlank working on hollow tubing?

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags