cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

*.crc files

ptc-2127864
1-Newbie

*.crc files

i want know why *.CRC files created . What is its functions.
4 REPLIES 4

A .crc is a log file that ProE creates documenting circular references. You can use this log file to guide you in repairing the model to remove them, since they can cause regeneration problems. Regards

Thank you for your answer but can you please elaborete this phrase"circular references. You can use this log file to guide you in repairing the model to remove them"a little more is the circular reference you have told is the references i have used to create sketcher drawings or these are the unnecessary references

Generally, circular references are those that loop back upon themselves. Usually not sketcher references. For example: You assemble a Part A to another Part B and then create a cut in Part A that gets its location from a feature on Part B. You then change the assembly constraint so that Part A is mated to Part B using the cut you created before. Therefore, this feature cannot be solved because it would keep moving as the part moved. This is a circular reference. Because of the history (model) tree in Proe, and the fact that you cannot 'see' part features created after the feature upon which you are currently working, circular references only happen when working in assembly mode and not in part mode. Regards

Shouldn't that also create an external reference. I run into assembly models that have circular references but no external references.

Does circular reference assume external reference also?

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags