cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

curve equation

jwaller
1-Newbie

curve equation

hi

when I try do something of curve equation i see symbol "t" i don't understand what meaning and what is represented can anyone help me and thank

9-21-2014+2-13-18+PM.png

9-21-2014+1-40-36+PM.png

9-21-2014+1-39-44+PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

"t" is the variable that drives values from the From-To settings.

There is some relevance between T and the accuracy settings of your current part or assembly. not one to worry about unless you are looking for a pure function. For instance, an involute will have a varying start angle depending on your accuracy settings.

"t" is similar to trajpar in variable sweep sections. Trajpar is limited to values between zero and one; equations can use any value including negative. Beware however, that sometimes these values are not followed completely if the equation has a problem. Check you work... and the solution Creo is presenting.

from-to.PNG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

"t" is the variable that drives values from the From-To settings.

There is some relevance between T and the accuracy settings of your current part or assembly. not one to worry about unless you are looking for a pure function. For instance, an involute will have a varying start angle depending on your accuracy settings.

"t" is similar to trajpar in variable sweep sections. Trajpar is limited to values between zero and one; equations can use any value including negative. Beware however, that sometimes these values are not followed completely if the equation has a problem. Check you work... and the solution Creo is presenting.

from-to.PNG

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags