cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

.dwg of half a component/assembly

dmojay
7-Bedrock

.dwg of half a component/assembly

Hello!

I'm wondering if it's possible to get a drawing file of just the front portion of my assembly?

6 REPLIES 6

Yes, it is possible. But you are going to have to provide more specifics if you want people to provide suggestions to point you in the right direction.

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com

Yes, of course. I have made an assembly of a fuselage and I want to make a .dwg of the cockpit. I made the fuselage all in one go and I don't know how to separate the front portion from the back portion.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dmojay)

You mean like a cross section in a drawing (.dwg is the autocad extension for drawings, .drw is the Creo extension for drawing)?

Or do you mean make separate parts of the front and the rear of the fuselage?

dmojay
7-Bedrock
(To:StephenW)

Oh, yes. A .drw making separate parts of the front and the back
StephenW
23-Emerald II

Well, it depends on what your end product needs to be.

If you need it to be exactly correct, you will need to remodel it correctly.

If you need presentation stuff, you can just save as your model, cut it in opposite halves on each model and re-assemble the missing half.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Typically, drawings follow some kind of product structure.  Planning your assembly to facilitate drawings is a big part of this.  Quite often I need to go back and clean up my assembly before I can commence with assembly drawings.  This is not a trifle function either when you also have to consider the capabilities of your CAD S/W.

For a quick means to separate specific components in an assembly for drawing purposes, find the Component Display button.  You can erase parts with this, or even make them transparent phantom if that helps.

componentdisplay.PNG

Top Tags