cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

eDrawings Security

MikeBills
7-Bedrock

eDrawings Security

Pro/Users,

I'm hoping that someone has had this battle before. Our company has been a long time user of eDrawings and would like to continue to do so. This past week our parent company re-evaluated the policy of transmitting CAD/CAM files between all subsidiaries and customers. In the interest of protecting our valuable intellectual property, a new policy has been mandated.

"3D Viewer files are not allowed to transfer/transmitted as they can be utilized, together with other CAD systems to get detailed technical information."

This includes eDrawings. We've always published our eDrawings with the measurement capabilities disabled, but how can we be sure that it's really enough to secure our engineering information files? I'm hoping that someone has gone through this in the past, so what I would like to receive is some formal documentation from Geometric Technologies or SolidWorks stating its security policy and that the protection is genuine. I'm currently waiting for a response from each of those companies, but I'm not sure how long that will take and was hoping to have something by this Wednesday. Maybe someone from PTC out there already has this, since they are a reseller of eDrawings.

I'm only interested in info related to eDrawings....other alternate 3D viewers are not the concern at the moment.

Thanks and Happy Holidays to all,

Mike Bills

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags