cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

exportar a DXF

apascual
1-Newbie

exportar a DXF

Buenos dias

estoy intentando exportar una pieza solida a DXF en Creo parametric 4.0 para mandarla a una maquina laser, pero al abrir la pieza me dicen que ven muchas rallas y recutangulos sin sentido aparente, es decir, no pueden abrir bien el formato DXF desde creado desde CREO, pero si lo pueden abrir si hago la misma pieza en otro programa CAD. ¿Que puedo hacer?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:apascual)

Don't export the 3d model, make a drawing and export the drawing to DXF. Just make sure you verify the scale or have your fabricators verify the scale before cutting!

I want to export the 3D model to save time, if i do the drawing in 2D I can send it to laser in PDF... I want to send the 3D model to laser but in DXF they cant open it.

As far as I know, DXF is only applicable for 2D drawings. I think it is an acronym for "Drawing eXchange Format", in fact. When we've used these to send data to laser or waterjet cutting shops Stephen is right, we've had to be very careful to ensure a 1X scale was used. We had a temporary "helper" output the files once and ended up with 1/4 scale parts. Kind of funny, but then again, no help to the schedule.

Also, it's not a full drawing you need, with dimensions and all that, You just have to make a blank drawing, add a view of the flat face of the part, set the scale to 1.000, and output the DXF.

3D geometry is communicated generally (at least for us) with IGES or STEP files. Even for flat sheet metal parts.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags