cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

file settings hierarchy? .sup .pro .frm .dtl

erine
12-Amethyst

file settings hierarchy? .sup .pro .frm .dtl

It's looking like my .sup is correctly overwriting .prosettings, but I am learning as i go here.  I noticed that .frm files have their own set of option values and they appear to be similar to .dtl settings.

Is this similar to how a .sup overwrites .pro settings?  Do .frm settings "live" in the .frm or are they pulled from another text file?

Will .sup overwrite any option value, or just .pro?

Thanks.

Creo 4.0 / M060
6 REPLIES 6
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:erine)

Drawing options contained in a format (.frm) or template (.drw) do indeed "live" in the format or template.  When creating a new drawing from one these, the drawing options are copied into the new drawing.  Furture changes to the drawing options in either the format or template the drawing was created from will have no impact on any existing drawings.  These drawing options do not work like the config.sup file.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

With respect to your last question, the config.sup is master over all config.pro options and NO drawing setup file (.dtl) options. You can specify the drawing setup file to use in the config.sup but not the individual .dtl settings.

Does that make sense?

erine
12-Amethyst
(To:StephenW)

Sorry, that's what I meant....edited the original question 🙂

.sup > .pro  ... .sup does not overwrite any .dtl or .frm settings.

What do you mean by "drawing setup file"?

Creo 4.0 / M060
StephenW
23-Emerald II

drawings setup file is the .dtl file

open a drawing, go to file-prepare-drawing properties-detail options/change to see the drawing setup options for that drawing

llie
16-Pearl

erine,

The .sup contains .pro optioins that you do not want changed and is protector from the user overriding it locally.

We have the following in our .sup. Can't put our server path in this public topic for our web browser homepage.

web_browser_homepage  .........

afx_enabled no
enable_3dmodelspace_browser_tab no
enable_partcommunity_tab no
enable_resource_browser_tab no
intelligent_fastener_enabled no
regen_failure_handling resolve_mode
save_file_iterations yes

Your .dtl files gets copied into every new drawing created and determines things like font, leading zeros on dimensions, ect.....

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

You can define a .dtl file for each of your formats.

We have 1/4 inch text on our C-size formats and 5/16 text on our E-size formats.

These are set by using the proper .dtl file with the drawing format size. When used in a drawing, the text added is in the proper size for each drawing size.

Top Tags