cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

rnithinmanohar
1-Newbie

hai

I want to substract one cylinder from other. Hoe to do this and one more thing after substraction also the two bodies should remain

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I have tried to attach an assembly. Hope it works.

1. create two cylinders.

2. place in assembly

3. component operations - cut out.

4. Follow prompts.

5. Result is two cylinders. Large cylinder with hole the same as the smaller cylinder, the smaller cylinder is still available in assembly.

Regards,

Don

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

That is not typical behavior for Creo. You can make a hole, revolve cut, or extrude cut but if you want both bodies to remain, you will need to look up merge bodies.

What you describe is a boolean operation which is built into Creo parametric features. Also, part files in Creo merge when they are solid bodies. You can have multiple solid bodies as long as they are not in contact with each other.

Surfaces on the other hand (quilts) have some more flexibility. You can intersect, merge, join, and trim different surfaces for whatever reason.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Mabe you need to change the software that you are using. This practice that you are talking about is what Creo Elements/Direct and Creo Driect use.

Hi,

I have tried to attach an assembly. Hope it works.

1. create two cylinders.

2. place in assembly

3. component operations - cut out.

4. Follow prompts.

5. Result is two cylinders. Large cylinder with hole the same as the smaller cylinder, the smaller cylinder is still available in assembly.

Regards,

Don

thanks to all for replaying

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags