cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

how to apply bearing constraint?

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

how to apply bearing constraint?

how to apply bearing constarints at the end of the shaft as shown in the image below?

bearing+fixture.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Is this for a Mechanica study or a MDX/MDO analysis? Depending on what your goal is, the answers will be very different. Is it a ball bearing, a needle roller bearing or a bushing that is supporting the shaft?

thanx for ur reply...

it is for sperical roller bearing. i also do not know how to calculate the reaction force on the the bearings?

OK, this helps, but you still did not mention if this is for Mechanica or MDX/MDO use.

oops sorry...at present we want it on mechanica.

OK, good - I have an excellent reference at PTC's website that will address your problem pretty closely:

http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_25/howto/mst6864/mst6864.htm

It does assume that the support is an ideal "point" support, but it's a pretty good approach to simulate a shperical bearing support. I think it will do a nice job for what you'd like to accomplish, short of modeling the shperical rolling elements and races in detail.

Cheers,

Chris

thanx a lot for your reply..but i am not under maintenace....i am not allowed to see that link.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags