cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

how to open unigraphics parts in creo2

chancox
1-Newbie

how to open unigraphics parts in creo2

how do i open nx parts i have tried  *.prt

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:chancox)

You need a NX interface license.

Not sure if still needed, but at WF2 time, you also had to have NX on your computer.

Chris,

you can directly open NX part in Creo Parametric 3.0. In Creo Parametric 2.0 this functionality is not available.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Actually the functionality itself is available in Creo 2.0:

2015_09_16_08_19_25_Creo_Parametric.png

But it requires additional license, as Ben pointed out; there also needs to be UG NX installed on the same machine as Creo, because PTC uses some .dll from NX installation (probably due to some licensing issues).

But you're right - it's not open directly, since this functionality was introduced in Creo 3.0, in Creo 2.0 it's still "simple" import function.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

The functionality has been there with a license since Wildfire 1.

As I had both UG V18 and WF2 running on my computer, I did some sample tests with the license.

When NX2 came out and they had direct Pro/E import, I provided some WF2 parts and assemblies to a friend at Unigraphics to use as test parts.

Both systems required licenses, but NX did not require WF2 to load parts while WF2 did require NX.

Glad to see that PTC has caught up with NX in the open direct of another systems models after 10 years since NX could do it.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Chris,

Did you got the answer of your query from informative replies on this post?

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags