Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to unfold the pipe

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 1

how to unfold the pipe

i have tried to unfold the pipe using rip with sketch but its not working it always shows a failure msg. can anyone suggest a way

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: how to unfold the pipe

Sagar,

You need to use correct orientation of part in view to get correct value.

You can create new view in part or in drawing change the orientaion of view using Geometry references in View properties.

28 REPLIES

Tubes are tricky in sheetmetal. There are any number of reasons it doesn't want to unfold.

If you can attach the file a post, we can probably help with more specific answers.

sir i have unfolded the tube but now what problem i am facing is in the sheetmetal the opened tubed width is 80.225 mm but when i take it to drawing its width becomes 79.1 its creating a problem in wrapping this profile around the pipe for notching. sheetmetalmeasure.jpgsheetmetal+drawing.jpg

It appears that the y-factor is being applied twice.

sir actulal circumference of the tube should be (pi*26.9) that is 84.4mm but how it has been reduced. is there a way to get the desired circumference

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9186jgewpo3rwf/sheet1.prt.1

sir this is the link to the unfolded pipe .prt file

I will look at the model. The difference between the model unfold and the drawing unfold is troubling.

Sheetmetal does not use the outer circumference for calculations. Sheetmetal uses either a K-factor or Y-factor in order to account for stretch and crush of the metal when it is formed. It is a balance between the inside radius and the outside radius. This is more prominent for sharp bends and you can set the value for items such as tubes which use more gentle radii than bends.

sir thanks for looking into the issue but is there a way i can get the outer circumference of the tube as 84.4mm.

i have tried increasing the y-factor but i dont have an idea in what proportion its increasing.

Try both 0 and 1. I think 0 maintains the ID circumference and 1 maintains the OD circumference.

with 1 i am getting 82.225mm instead of 84.4mm and with 0 its 78.22mm .