cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

jpeg / tiff image configuration options

AwadheshNaik
1-Newbie

jpeg / tiff image configuration options

Hello,

What are the ProE configuration options which control the size and the quality of the jpeg/tiff image created using ProEngineer.

Regards

Awadhesh

10 REPLIES 10

Not a response but a additional question to exports in jpeg.

I would like to know why the exports in jpeg dose not contain the shadows of the models (WF5).

Thank you.

you can see the answer of my question on the post with heading "Creation of jpeg in wf3".

May be you can attach the model here and I will try to find out if any such option available ?

Hi Awadhesh...

This isn't really an answer... but I prefer to just grab images directly from the screen rather than to export them from Creo in JPEG or TIFF format. It's been my experience that these images are not very high quality. Unless you absolutely need to generate the images directly from Creo, is grabbing from the screen display an option for you?

Thanks!

-Brian

Hello Brian,

Not really. I am doing it programatically. So I can use only proE functionality.

Here is the scenario: I am using a drawing for the jpeg file creation. Jpeg file size goes upto 14mb with 45 views in the drawing. Without any view the jpeg file size is just 4 mb. My requirement is that I want to keep the size of the jpeg constant and minimum (may be 1 mb), irresoective of the number of views. I dont care about the quality.

Let me know your feedback ..

Regards

Awadhesh

You're basically talking about generating a snapshot of the screen... literally you don't care what's actually ON the screen whether it be 1 view or 100 views. You just want a snapshot of the screen as if it were a photograph... therefore the size should always be roughly the same because you're always capturing the same number of pixels.

I don't know of any way to do this other than a screengrab... which probably cannot happen programmatically. Generating a PDF, HPGL, or PS plot format will not work... these file formats will always vary in size with the amount of screen information (line segments) being processed.

What do you want to DO with these images if you wre able to create them? I mean... what's the end goal? I don't think you can do what you're trying to do... but maybe there's another way to get you to the same goal.

Bumping an old thread here...

We have a customer request to provide drawings in TIFF format, at "greater than 400 dpi". For an A1 drawing, this means I need to produce an image (greater than) 13240x9360!

The Pro/E Print dialogue box allows me to select a TIFF output (we have a PCF file for TIFF) but I can't see either an option or a PCF entry for the resolution; and the default appears to be only 100 dpi.

I've tried setting the paper size to 4x A1 (3364x4756 mm) but it produces exactly the same output as the default.

Anyone got any more clues?

Jonathan,

you have to set config.pro option raster_plot_dpi to customize TIFF quality. Unfortunatelly its max value is probably 400...

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

Thank you for the very quick reply - that's great!

We'll just have to see if the customer will accept "only" 400 dpi...

Jonathan,

you have to set config.pro option raster_plot_dpi to customize TIFF quality. Unfortunatelly its max value is probably 400...

Martin Hanak

Hey Martin,

But when i plot tiff file.. inserted bitmap image does not appear. Please suggest.

Shweta

Thank you for the Informatuon.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags