cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

mechanical - when will we have plastic material analysis

ptc-676952
1-Newbie

mechanical - when will we have plastic material analysis

Does any body know IF PTC is thinking to add non-linear material properties (plastic deformation analysis - hardening) to pro/mechanical in future relases?. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

I think Wildfire 4.0 is suppose to be able to do this. I think in Wildfire 3.0 it is also available the option is called large deformation. Someone correct me if I am wrong here.

NO, in wildfire 4.0 they are adding “hyperelastic material� capabilities that mean: “A hyperelastic or Green elastic material is an ideally elastic material for which the stress-strain relationship derives from a strain energy density function. The hyperelastic material is a special case of a Cauchy elastic material. The behavior of unfilled, vulcanized elastomers often conforms closely to the hyperelastic ideal�, so you CANNOT model a strain hardening process such a “plastic deformation� in steel, being this last point the base of my question. For more information about the new hyperelastic analysis (non-lineal material) please see: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/relnotes/note.jsp?&im_dbkey=50946&icg_dbkey=826 There are two common mathematical descriptions of the work hardening phenomenon: Hollomon's equation is a power law relationship between the stress and the amount of plastic strain εp. Ludwik's equation is similar but includes the yield stress σy.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags