cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

merge/inheritance

ptc-6835236
1-Newbie

merge/inheritance

Hi

iam using creo 1.0 . I create a casting and machining models using family table. I will try merge/inheritance feature. My requirement is casting model and want to create a machine part using the merge command in part modeling. but in the part modelling merge/inheritance feature is not working .any one please suggest.

3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the forum, Pavan.

I am not sure I understand the need for the Merge... since you can do machining in a next-level assembly.

If I understand correctly, you must have an assembly to force a merge into a lower level part.

I will admit not being fully versed in this process, so I am sure there are other thoughts coming on this.

I could be wrong, but this sounds like an accuracy issue. Try setting the accuracy of both parts to absolute with a value of, let's say 0.0001

Good luck.

John

Jathin
4-Participant
(To:ptc-6835236)

Reason is you need Advanced Assembly Licence. if not Merge/Inheritance Feature In Part Modeling will be Grayed Out. 

Top Tags