cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

motion analysis on skeleton model

ProMan
1-Newbie

motion analysis on skeleton model

hi there can someone please explain motion analysis capabilities on skeleton models? i mean what kind of analysis can you perform on skeleton models? can i do position,velocity and acceleration analysis on skeleton models? if possible please explain how.
14 REPLIES 14

if you don't mind me asking, what is a skeleton model?

sw, Just checked in the Suggested Techniques part of the RESOURCE CENTER tab, searching "Skeleton Motion", and found "Using Mechanism with Top Down Design", which may answer some of your questions. Remember, by the way, that skeletons can have mass-bearing elements, even though they are more often completely massless assemblages of datum features and sketched curves. David

Hanson, Skeletons constitute a pretty big topic, more than can be covered quickly in a Forum response. They have several uses and are especially helpful in assemblies with complex combinations and ranges of motion. They are what they sound like, a lightweight "hatrack" (often planes, curves, axes, and coordinate systems only) on which one can hang the "real" parts of an assembly, thus allowing much easier simulation of machine motion, assembly and interchange of components. They are also used to delineate "space claims", for example for a complex control chassis, packed with control boards and actuators. Look in Help and Tips and Techniques for more information. I would also reccommend an appropriate training course covering advanced assembly techniques. David

Thanks, sounds like something in the same ilk as a shrink wrap? I will definately look this one up!

is there any example to do this skeleton motion. the pro e help menu doesn't help me at all because it doesn't provide a step by step example.
ProMan
1-Newbie
(To:eres)

thanks for the replies, there is a basic video tutorial about motion skeletons here: http://www.e-cognition.net/pages/Tutorials.html

There are some great resources on mechanisms here: http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_25/howto/apm11083/apm11083.html Motion Skeletons here: http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_26/howto/apm11923/apm11923.html

Those are some good links, WOW, just when I think I'm getting good at this I get put in my place. seriously crazy

thanks a lot guys, very helpful tutorial
eres
1-Newbie

unfortunately, i can't create the skeleton model, because the insert>create>'skeleton model' is not active (i can't click it at all). i've set the config.pro to be 'yes' for 'allow/restrict multiple skeleton'. does anybody knows what's the problem? thanks
gfl
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member

Do you have a license to create skeleton models?
eres
1-Newbie
(To:gfl)

holy crap.... different license.......

It should work in WF3 and higher. I have wf3 and it's active.

i'm using Wf3 and 4. but got problem as mentioned.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags