cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

not able to give zero angle in sketcher to the line?

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

zero_angle.JPG

9 REPLIES 9

That is true. I'd bet it's because the solver can't tell when the angle changes which way is positive.

If a zero angle is required, I create a datum on the fly that has an angle and align geometry to that. It is tricky to make sure that a horizontal line doesn't get excess constraints. Watch for parallel/coincident-horizontal constraints being added by Intent Manager.

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine
(To:dschenken)

Thanks,that was very helpful.

Hi,

in CR2 M070 I can set zero angle in Part mode. When I edit feature definition later, then Sketcher accepts zero value, too.

MH

Martin Hanák

mine is student edition creo 2.0 m120.

you can give angle in another way

Change to 90 deg..

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine
(To:jthakor)

thank you for that solution also..as i found out it can be done as a single line also.In your case you have used to equal connected lines.

Though "zero" degree is still only possible with a datum plane.

Yep, Agree with you.

I created two lines..

Once you have completed your sketch try Edit instead of Edit Definition. For me trying to change the value in sketcher wouldn't change it but it would using Edit.

There are a number of other conditions where what a feature requires is at odds with what Intent Manager can deal with. I sometimes wish for a mode that allows Sketcher to access different dimensions than the feature has to prevent Intent manager from re-evaluating the solution it had that worked and replacing it with one that fails. It used to be more of a problem when slightly angled lines would be promoted to horizontal or vertical and required the sketch to be far from H or V and altered at the feature level.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags